QuickBooks provides its users with amazing and advanced features like making payments, payroll services, creating invoices, etc. Along with that, it also assists you with the transactions recorded with your bank. Despite being highly innovative, there are several errors that it comes across. One such issue is the QuickBooks error code 102 that can occur due to several reasons. This blog will help you know the possible causes and some of the effective troubleshooting methods.
What Are The Causes For The Occurrence Of QuickBooks Bank Connection Error 102?
Here, we have mentioned all the possible reasons that trigger error code 102 QuickBooks online:
- There might be some issue with the bank’s website.
- It might be possible that the Bank’s website is under maintenance.
- There is some issue with the server while transferring the data between the Banks’ website and QBO.
Troubleshooting Methods To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 102
Below we have mentioned all the resolution methods that would help you resolve QuickBooks online bank account error 102:
Method 1: Checking for QuickBooks online account updates.
You need to manually update the details of your account in QuickBooks online if your bank’s or credit card’s sites are not under maintenance. For that, you may follow the below-given steps:
- Go to the Help menu and clicking on the Update now option.
- Try to implement the below-given manual updates at the time when the bank’s website is not busy.
There might be some accounts that would require manual updates. For this, follow the below-given steps:
- In the first place, go to the File menu. From there, select the banking option.
- If you want to update only the selected accounts, then you have to select the Clear unwanted accounts option.
- After that, select the Update now option.
- When asked, you will have to provide your MFA (Multi-factor Authentication) and then click on Continue to get the update details.
Method 2: Checking for your details
By using the URL that the bank has provided, you need to login into your bank’s account. Follow the below-given steps if you fail to connect with your bank:
- At first, click on the Menu in QuickBooks and then choose the Banking option.
- Now, you have to click on the Add account option and here you have to find the name of your bank.
- From the given list, choose your bank.
- Now, enter your user id/ login id for the bank’s website and click Continue.
- Now, you have to click on your bank symbol to connect it and then choose your bank type or credit card from the drop-down.
- If you are already having an existing account, then an option of Add+ New to make a new account will appear on your screen.
- Now QuickBooks will download the online transactions for the last 90 days. Along with that, it will also download your banking and cc transactions overnight.
- Now, select the Connect option and this may take up to few minutes. Once done you will reach the Banking page automatically.
- You can see the transactions that were downloaded from your bank in the review tab.
Need Technical Assistance!
We hope the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this blog would have helped you resolve QuickBooks error code 102 without any hassle. If you need any further assistance, we suggest you give us a call on our Toll-free Number +1-855-948-3651.